Types of Contraception - Dubai Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinic
Dubai Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinic - Types of Contraception
IN WHICH TYPE OF CONTRACEPTION ARE YOU INTERESTED?
- Periodic Abstinence:
- Periodic abstinence emphasizes awareness and abstinence shortly before and after the estimated ovulation period.
- It requires regular, predictable menstrual cycles.
- The average effectiveness is relatively low (55% to 80%).
To know the price of contraceptive injection in Dubai DRHC, call +97142798200. DRHC is one of the few clinics that offer Injectable Contraceptive Medicine in Dubai.
- Barrier Methods and Spermicides:
There are various barrier method contraceptives:
- Male condoms have efficacy of 85% - 90%
- Condoms offer protection against HIV and STIs (Sexually Transmitted Infections).
- Female condoms which is a pouch of Polyurethane, it has a flexible ring at each end one ring fits into the depth of the vagina and the other stays outside near the introitus.
- Failure rate is 20% - 25%
- They also protect against many STIs
- Diaphragm: The vaginal diaphragm is a dome-shaped latex rubber sheet which is placed in to the vagina so that it covers the cervix.
- It should be placed in the vagina before intercourse and left in place for 6-8 hours after intercourse.
- Effectiveness rate is 80% - 85% when used with spermicide
- If the diaphragm is left too long, infection and toxic shock may occur.
- Cervical cap: It is small, soft, silicon cap to be inserted over the cervix by the clinician and must be used with spermicidal jelly
- It’s efficacy rate is 68% - 84%
- Spermicides: have various forms as cream, gel, and suppositories
- The most widely used is nonoxynol-9 and otoxynol-9
- Should be placed in the vagina 30 minutes before intercourse
- Effectiveness reached 70& - 75% when used alone.
- Intra-Uterine Devices:
Two IUDs are available: The copper-T IUD and the levonorgestrel intrauterine system (Mirena). To know more about copper t price in UAE or Dubai, contact us on +97142798200
- Copper-T IUD is used in women whom oral contraceptives and contraindicated and women who are at low risk of STIs and monogamous women.
- Levonorgestrel or MirenaIUD in Dubai DRHC: This is used in women with menorrhagia, dysmenorrhea, post-menopause woman receiving estrogen, endometriosis and endometrial hyperplasia.To know more about levonorgestrel in DRHC Dubai, call on +97142798200.
- Failure rate is 0.8% in copper-T and 0.2% in Mirena
- Side effects: although IUD is extremely safe, uncommon side effects and complications can be potentially severe and dangerous. These include pain and bleeding, pregnancy, expulsion, perforation and infection.
- Hormonal Contraceptive Methods:
- This method consists of:
- Combined estrogen and progesterone (Oral, Transdermal, vaginal)
- Progesterone only (Oral, Injectable, implantable, intrauterine)
- Combined estrogen and progesterone:
- Oral administration could be;
- Monophasic: fixed dose in each tablet and we have the 21 days tablet and the 24 days such as (Yaz) also we have the seasonal 84 days tablet and the yearly 365 days tablet.
- Multiphasic: Dose varying in tablets to mimic the menstrual cycle.
- The advantages:
- Decrease the risk of ovarian cancer, endometrial cancer and benign breast masses.
- Decrease menstrual pain and reduce blood loss.
- Suppresses endometriosis and reduce acne
- The disadvantages:
- Pills are associated with higher risk of cervical dysplasia.
- Pills are high risk for smokers and hypertensive women.
- Transdermal (Ortho Evra) women apply one patch each week for 3 weeks followed by one week free
- Vaginal Nuvaring: it is placed in the vagina for 3 weeks and is removed for 1 week to allow for withdrawal bleeding.
- Progesterone only:
- The minipills: women should take it daily without stop at the same time of each day. Minipills are ideal for nursing mothers and women who cannot take estrogen including women smoking over 35 years, hypertension, coronary artery disease, lupus, migraine, and thromboembolism.
- The Injectable Progesterone (Depo-Provera)
- It acts by suppressing ovulation for 14 weeks, thickening the cervical mucus and making the endometrium unsuitable for implantation.
- Side effects include irregular menstrual bleeding, depression, weight gain, hair loss and headache.
- Women should be encouraged to take calcium, vitamin D, smoking cessation and exercises.
- The Implantable Progesterone
- Nexplanon is a single-rode subdermal implant which provides 5 years contraceptive coverage.
- Jadelle is two-rod implantable subdermal implant which provides 5 years contraceptive coverage.
- Side effects for implantable progesterone are irregular and unpredictable light bleeding.
- Surgical Sterilization:
- Tubal sterilization: It could be;
- Postpartum sterilization
- Laparoscopic tubal ligation
- Histeroscopic tubal occlusion (Essure)
- Vasectomy: which is ligation of the vas defereus.
If you are in search of a family planning clinic Dubai DRHC offers you the best services. Dubai Obstetrics and Gynecology clinic at DRHC now provides leading Gynecologist to enhance the service on Cosmetic Gynecology, Surgical Gynecology, Contraception, Abortion, Menopause. We offer services related to depo provera , mirena iud , levonorgestrel, nuvaring, copper t ,iud removal in dubai clinic. Contact DRHC Dubai for advices on Birthcontrol methods.