Dubai Gynecology Clinic
Prenatal Care and Family Planning
Our Doctor’s recommendation for prenatal care would be:
- It is always recommended to visit our Obstetrician if you are planning for pregnancy to identify any potential problems.
- Preconception counselling includes consultation and advice about nutrition and supplements required for health pregnancy. This visit may uncover other issues that require correction prior to pregnancy.
- It is internationally recognized that adequate prenatal care reduces the chance of miscarriages, birth abnormalities and future infancy diseases as well as reducing the rate of death during pregnancy.
- Monthly clinic visits from the onset of pregnancy until 28 weeks.
- Visit every 2 weeks in the period between 28 to 36 weeks of pregnancy.
- Weekly visit and check-up after week 36 as the delivery is usually expected in the period between 38-40 weeks.
- Normal term delivery usually occurs between 38-41 weeks. There are some physiological changes which occur prior to the onset of labor which may require immediate medical attention.
- Our doctors’ practice is to ensure that the delivery would occur in a normal way and to avoid any Caesarean section unless there is a particular effect on the mother or baby’s condition in general.
- Our Doctors use Caesarean section technique for delivery when abnormal conditions arise which may cause a complication with the mother or baby during the vaginal delivery. The rate of Caesarean section as recognized internationally is approximately 20-25% of total deliveries.
- This would include close observation of the mother and the newborn baby after delivery and extend up to 6 weeks. This would include the physical and psychological support of the mother since some women can suffer from postpartum depression.
- During this period the mother would be at risk of developing hemorrhage, hypertension, infection, and possibly vein thrombosis. In addition, mothers may face problems related to lactation (nursing) and the baby’s nutrition.
- We believe that close contact between our doctor and our patient is mandatory for a non-complicated postpartum period.
Dubai Obstetrics and Gynecology clinic at DRHC now provides top male and female Gynecologist in Dubai to enhance the service on Cosmetic Gynecology,Surgical Gynecology, Contraception, Menopause,Labiaplasty and so on.