- All Routine Ultrasound
- 3D & 4D Imaging
- Doppler Ultrasound
- TVS (Trans-vaginal Ultrasound)
- Fetal/Gestational Ultrasound
- Ultrasound Guided Procedures
Click here to know ultrasound price in Dubai DRHC
How does it work?
Ultrasound scan works by using sound waves to capture real time or still images. It can produce colored and non-colored images as well as 2D, 3D and 4D images. An ultrasound gel is applied in the area of interest to lubricate and enhance image production and then a Probe (Stick like apparatus with round or bulgy tip with different sizes) will be in contact with your body and from it sound waves are transmitted and are produced as images or video on the computer monitor for viewing. In ultrasound usually you will lie down on a bed, and sometimes be asked to move and breathe in or out while being scanned. DRHC is one of the best centers for ultrasound scan in dubai.
Who can have Ultrasound?
- Adult Male or Female
- Pregnant female
- Infants & Children
Sometimes these patients need extra motivation or extra effort to complete an ultrasound. A parent or significant others are most of the times asked to hold, restrain or at least stay with the patient while being scanned. This person does not have to worry since there are no harmful effects in ultrasound.
- No Ionizing radiation (X-ray)
- Gives a clear picture of soft tissues that do not show up well on x-ray images
- Provides real-time imaging, making it a good tool for guiding minimally invasive procedures such as needle biopsies and fluid aspiration
- Preferred imaging modality for the diagnosis and monitoring of pregnant women and their unborn babies
- Easy-to-use, NOT painful, and less expensive than other imaging methods
- NO known harmful effect on human body
Routine Operating Procedure in Ultrasound
- Doctor’s request is reviewed first by the receiving staff.
- If preparation is needed (e. g. fasting, drinking water prior, diet preparations, etc.) it will be instructed and be scheduled at the soonest.
- If no preparation is required be scheduled and perform the ultrasound immediately.
- Patient is then taken to the examination room by a nurse while the patient’s referral or exam request is being reviewed by the radiologist.
- If needed, patient will have to change to a patient gown and place all belongings to a patient’s locker inside the exam room.
- Patient will be asked to lie on the patient table while waiting for the radiologist.
- Once patient is ready and set, the radiologist will come, ask some questions in regards with the desired exam and then perform the ultrasound.
- While doing the ultrasound the radiologist will inform or instruct the patient on what he/she will need to do, so basically you just relax and follow the radiologist’s instruction.
- Also while doing the ultrasound, patient can talk or ask question on the radiologist doing it.
- And after the ultrasound, a report will be prepared by the radiologist with the images on CD and be released at the soonest.
- Ultrasound exams are painless, fast and reports can be finish in some 10-20 minutes after completion of the exam.
Mammogram Services are now available at DRHC
10 advantages of whole body MRI scan