How does it work?
Just like Digital photography, Digital X-ray works the same but, it uses x-radiation instead and can see through or see inside your body. It will take 1 image at a time and you will be asked to do different positions and sometimes be given breathing instruction while doing it. It is painless and it is quicker than conventional x-ray.
Who can have Digital Radiography/X-ray?
- From Pediatrics to Adults and even Geriatrics; male or female but for pregnant patients, it should be assessed on properly by the referring doctor if the benefits can outweigh the risk.
- Infants & Children
Sometimes these patients need extra motivation or extra effort to complete an x-ray. A parent or significant others are asked to hold, restrain or at least stay with the patient while being x-rayed. This person will be given proper protective measures and will not be exposed directly. Importantly this person must not be pregnant.
Why Digital Radiography/X-ray?
- A noninvasive way to study parts of the body
- Time efficiency through bypassing chemical processing of images
- Ability to digitally transfer and enhance images
- Use of Ionizing radiation
Routine Operating Procedure in Digital Radiography
- Doctor’s request is reviewed first by the staff radiographer.
- Safety questions are asked. (confirmation of Name & DOB, site of the problem, and pregnancy screening for females)
- Hospital gowns are provided if needed to avoid artifacts on images.
- Patient’s personal belongings (including phone, credit cards, money, etc.) are all placed in the locker provided.
- Radiographer will explain what will be your position, breathing instruction if needed & how many pictures to take to complete the exam.
- All the times a patient is provided with lead protection to cover areas which are not involved in the examination for protection from unnecessary exposure.
- Digital X-ray exams are painless, fast and exposed to a low dose of radiation. It is important that you remain perfectly still while the images are being captured, done at Dubai Radiology Center. To know X Ray cost in Dubai DRHC call to +97142798200
Mammogram Services are now available at DRHC
10 advantages of whole body MRI scan