Abnormal cervical cytology smear and pregnancy - Dubai Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinic
Pregnancy is a critical event in the life of any family. What if abnormality in the cervix is noted during pregnancy? what to do?
- Pregnant women routinely undergo cervical cytology screening at the first prenatal visit.
- It is not uncommon to discover abnormal cervical smear for the first-time during pregnancy.
- Colposcopy is generally performed by 20 weeks gestation with biopsy taken from suspected areas.
- Pregnancy may produce changes in the cervical epithelium that mimic dysplasia.
- If significant changes (CIN II/II)I has been found, then colposcopic examination should be done each trimester.
- Endo-cervical curettage is not performed during pregnancy because of the risk of abortion on infection.
- Treatment is deferred into postpartum period.
- Conization is indicated only in case of early invasive disease.
for more information, please contact us.
Dubai Obstetrics and Gynecology clinic at DRHC now provides top male and female Gynecologist in Dubai to enhance the service on Cosmetic Gynecology,Surgical Gynecology, Contraception, Menopause,Labiaplasty and so on.