- This test is also referred to as Cardiac Diagnostic Test, Cardiopulmonary Exercise Test or CPX Test.
- This test is performed to check how the heart responds to external stress or physical activity in a controlled clinical environment.
- This kind of test can reveal if there is a problem in blood flow within the heart. It usually involves walking on a treadmill or riding a stationary bike where the patient is attached to a machine to monitor the heart rhythm during exercise. To know more about treadmill test costs in Dubai DRHC and for bookings call +97142798200.
- Before, during and after the test is performed, the patient's blood pressure, O2 Saturation, Breathing, Pulse and any symptoms that can occur is monitored.
- The test starts slow and progressively increases in speed to increase the difficulty of the test to be able to monitor any abnormalities in cardiac rhythm during the exercise test.
Read: Stress Test. How do we do it?
- This test is recommended if the patient shows any signs or symptoms of Coronary Artery Disease or an Irregular Heart Rhythm (also known as Arrhythmia).
- This test can guide the doctor on how to deal with or to make a treatment course for the patient because this measure the effectiveness of the treatment or the severity of the heart condition of the patient.
- The test result can be interpreted as a reflection of the general physical condition of the patient and it can also assess the prognosis of the patient after a myocardial infarction (also known as heart attack).
Dubai Cardiology Clinic - Treatment of various cardiovascular diseases such as Hypertension, Ischemic heart disease, Holter monitoring, Heart failure, Stress test, chest pain and echocardiography are now available in DRHC.