Heart Failure - Dubai Cardiology Clinic
Heart Failure Causes and Treatment
- Heart failure, sometimes also called as congestive heart failure, takes place when the heart muscle will not pump blood how much it should.For effective heart failure treatment call to +97142798200.
- Some conditions, like narrowed arteries in the heart (coronary artery disease) or rise in blood pressure, slowly leave the heart too weak or stiff to fill and pump the blood efficiently.
- Not every condition that cause heart failure can be actually reversed, but there are treatments that could improve the symptoms of heart failure and enable the person to live longer.
- Lifestyle changes like exercising and reducing sodium in the diet or managing stress and losing weight could also improve the quality of life.
- Another way to avoid heart failure is to control situations that lead to heart failure like coronary artery disease, obesity, high blood pressure or diabetes. DRHC offsers advanced treatment for chronic heart failure.
Heart failure causes
Heart failure develops mostly after other conditions have caused damage to the heart. But the heart doesn't need to be only weakened to lead to failure. It could also take place if the heart becomes too stiff.
In the case of heart failure, the primary pumping chambers of the heart (ventricles) might turn out to be stiff and not actually fill properly between the beats.
Read: Did you hear about Silent heart attacks or Silent myocardial infarctions?
In certain cases of heart failure, the heart muscle could become damaged and very weakened. The ventricles stretch (dilate) to that point where the heart cannot pump blood effectively throughout your body. The following conditions stand a chance to damage or weaken the heart causing heart failure. Few of these could be present prior to knowing it:
- Coronary artery disease and heart attack
- High blood pressure or hypertension
- Faulty heart valves
- Damage to the heart muscle or cardiomyopathy
Read : What is meant by heart block?
What is the most serious kind of heart block and how do you treat it?
Heart failure stages
- In order to determine the most apt treatment for a particular condition, doctors might classify heart failure utilizing various systems. Doctors utilize classification system to figure out the risk factors associated that begin early and are more aggressive treatment in order to avoid or postpone the heart failure.
Heart failure treatment
Heart failure is a very chronic disease requiring lifelong management and it has uncertain heart failure life expectancy. However, with treatment, the various signs and symptoms of heart failure can gradually improve and the heart can sometimes become stronger. Treatment might help a person live longer and decrease the chance of dying all of a sudden. The treatment of heart failure includes a balance of the right medications but in certain cases, the use of devices that enable the heart beat and contract properly are important.
- Heart Failure had two main types as follows:
- Heart failure due to left ventricular dysfunction
- Heart failure with normal ejection fraction
- The doctor can also request some of the blood works, ECG, Echocardiography, Stress Test, Chest X-Ray, CT Scan, MRI, Coronary angiogram and myocardial biopsy.
Dubai Cardiology Clinic - Treatment of various cardiovascular diseases such as Hypertension, Ischemic heart disease, Holter monitoring, Heart failure, Stress test , chest pain, echocardiography are now available in DRHC.