Holter Monitoring (24 Hours) -
Dubai Cardiology Clinic
Importance of the Holter Monitoring
- A Holter monitor is a battery-powered medical device that is small in size and functions to measure the heart’s activity like the rate and rhythm. Its a 24 hour heart monitor. Holter monitor testing is also seldom called ambulatory electrocardiography. There are other kinds of devices which can be utilized to count the heart activity for very long periods of time.
- The Holter monitor will allow the doctor to monitor how your heart functions on a long-term basis.
- The holter monitor interpretation made by the monitor enable to determine if the heart is getting sufficient oxygen or whether the electrical impulses in the heart are getting delayed or is early.
- These irregular impulses might be considered as arrhythmias or abnormal heart rhythms.
If the treatment is already on for heart problems, wearing this monitor can help your doctor find out if the medicine is proper or if changes are required. It could also enable them to figure out why the patient could be experiencing any such symptoms of irregular heartbeat, dizziness or faintness. Symptoms could also include feeling like the heart is racing or skipping a beat.
24 hour holter monitoring Procedure.
The Holter monitor is small and holter monitor placement is quite easy.
- It has several leads and wires attached to the monitor.
- The leads are connected to the electrodes which are placed on the chest skin with a glue-like gel.
- The metal electrodes function to conduct the heart’s activity through the wires into the Holter monitor, where it will be recorded.
- A 24-hour Holter monitor test is quite painless. But ensure to record any kind of chest pain or rapid heartbeat and any anomaly or other cardiac symptoms experienced during the testing period.
- The Holter monitor needs to be kept dry in order to ensure that it functions properly. Also make sure to avoid any kind of activities that could lead the monitor to become wet.
- The Magnetic fields might interfere with the reading and function of the Holter monitor. Therefore, make sure to avoid areas of very high voltage when wearing the monitor. In situations where the readings are misread or false-positives happen, the Holter might be needed to get reapplied.
- Understanding the holter monitor results and holter monitor instructions is simple. On the basis of the results of the given test, the patient might need to go through more testing prior to the diagnosis.
- Wearing a Holter monitor could be extremely painless and it could be one of the best methods to figure out potential cardiac problems or heart issues.
Dubai Cardiology clinic at Dr Rami Hamed Center provides you one of the best cardiologist in dubai for treating hypertension, heart failure, ischemic heart disease, holter monitoring, stress test, chest pain and echocardiography .