Ischemic Heart Disease - Dubai Cardiology Clinic
Everything you need to know about the Ischemic Heart Disease
- Ischemic Heart Disease is also known as Coronary Artery Disease. It is actually a condition which affects the supply of blood to the heart.
- In this condition, the blood vessels are narrowed or further blocked as a result of the deposition of cholesterol on their walls. This decreases the supply of oxygen and nutrients to the cardiac muscles.
- This disrupts the proper functioning of the heart and could gradually result in some part of the heart being deprived of its blood supply all of a sudden. This further leads to the death of that portion of heart tissue leading to a heart attack.
What actually happens in Ischemic Heart Disease
- The heart is the pump which has the primary function of supplying oxygenated blood to various organs. Any kind of defect in the heart suddenly affects the supply of oxygen to all the vital organs of the body including the brain, kidneys, liver, etc.
- This makes way to the death of tissues within these vital organs and gradually leads to their failure. Ischemic Heart Disease is a very common factor of death in various countries around the world.
CAUSES OF ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASE
The following are the primary risk factors of Ischemic Heart Disease:
- Diabetes mellitus and high cholesterol levels.
- Hypercholesterolemia leads to a higher tendency of developing the disease.
- Hypertension is another risk factor in the acquisition of Ischemic Heart Disease.
- Genetic and hereditary factors might also be highly responsible for this disease.
- Stress is also considered to be a major risk factor.
SYMPTOMS OF ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASE
- A major symptom of this disease is Angina pectoris which is acute chest pain. This pain could be associated with highly acute coronary syndrome and unstable angina.
- Myocardial infarction is another symptom. Heart failure or inability to breathe properly and swelling up of the extremities owing to the weakness of the heart muscle are various other symptoms of Ischemic Heart Disease.
ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASE TREATMENT
In the Ischemic Heart Disease following elements could be incorporated:
- Organic Nitrates
- Beta Blockers
- Calcium Channel Blockers
ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASE PREVENTION
- Prevention is better than cure. Things that should be avoided are Fatty diet, smoking, sedentary lifestyle and very importantly stress.
- All of these are the crucial causes of Ischemic heart disease. Saying no to foods rich in saturated fats is also very important in order to decrease the lipid levels in the blood and also to avoid the condition of arteriosclerosis.
- Regular exercise is also important. Cholesterol and hypertension must be kept under check along with appropriate treatment.
Dubai Cardiology clinic at Dr Rami Hamed Center provides you one of the best cardiologist in dubai for treating hypertension, heart failure, ischemic heart disease, holter monitoring, stress test, chest pain and echocardiography .