Tonsillectomy - Dubai ENT Clinic
- Enlarged tonsils in children are often seen. These can be as a result of the infection in the tonsils.
- Having a viral or bacterial infection or acute lymphoid response can trigger the tonsil enlargement. The enlarged tonsils in adults are seldom seen as compared to the children but the occurrence of the enlarged tonsils can be the same as the children.
- Tonsils enlargement sumptoms: Snoring is the most important symptom. However, some children who have small tonsils can also report to have a sore throat or having the problem in swallowing of the food and sleeping.
- These symptoms if persists for a long time are an indication of the time to get a tonsillectomy.
What is tonsillectomy?
- Tonsillectomy is the surgical procedure in which each of the tonsils is removed from the pharynx.
- For children, the adenoids are removed mostly and the process is also known as adenoidectomy. In adults, the adenoids are vestigial organs and do not remain prominent as one grows older.
Why tonsillectomy should be considered as an option?
- Tonsils are not an important organ for the proper functioning of the body and the body can operate easily without the presence of these. Thus the removal of the tonsils from the body does not interfere with the functioning of the body.
- Tonsillitis, an infection caused by the tonsils can be pretty harmful. This removal tonsil is a perfect remedy to prevent the prolonged effects.
- People or children who regularly suffer from a sore throat can find the cure by removal of the tonsils.
- The removal of the tonsil is also beneficial for those who have snoring problems and suffering from sleep deprivation.
- The treatment of cancer also requires the removal of the tonsils. As a tumour or the affecting cell if left unattended after the healing process can reinitiate cancer.
- Tonsillectomy is totally a risk for and very affordable operation which does not require any intensive post-operative care for the patient. The patient is usually discharged after about four hours and can resume his/her normal day to day activities easily.
Preparing yourself for the tonsillectomy
- The first and the most important thing to do for preparing yourself before the tonsillectomy is to stop the consumption of any anti-inflammatory drug. Drugs such as ibuprofen, naproxen, and aspirin come under this category.
- These drugs if not stopped before undergoing the surgery can act as a catalyst in the bleeding and will prove to a hindrance in blood clotting. The intake of these drugs should be avoided at least two weeks before undergoing surgery.
- Also, you need to fast before the night of the operation. This is because an empty stomach reduces the risk of feeling nauseous under the dose of any anaesthetic.
- There may be a little sensation of pain in the jaws, gums and the nearby areas of the neck. This is quite common after the post operation and it reduces gradually without administering any medicine for it.
- Rest is advised by the doctor for first two to three days. Pain medication can help the patient to feel better and recover quickly.
- The medicines prescribed by the doctor after the operation should be taken timely and no type of ignorance should be made while the recovery process continues.
- Many a time the people generally leave the course in the middle after the operation when they start feeling healthy. This is wrong and both the patient and his/her family should comply by the instructions given by the doctor.
Tonsillectomy surgical package is available via the following link - Tonsillectomy package
Dubai ENT clinic- If you are in search of ent specialist in dubai, then we can provide experienced and the leading ENT Doctor in dubai for the healthy treatment.