Tongue Tie in Kids - Kids Surgery in Dubai
Tongue Tie in Kids
Our Kids Surgery in Dubai unit offers painless effective treatment for Tongue Tie treatment using radiofrequency special device to minimize the chance of bleeding and pain.
Babies who are unable to extend their tongue fully, or having a heart shaped appearance on their tongue tip are suffering from tongue tie. This should be evaluated as early as possible by the doctor for prompt treatment to be given.
Untreated tongue tie can cause:
- Difficulties in breastfeeding. Both mother and baby can suffer from this. Mothers can have traumas in their nipples and babies won’t gain weight even feeding for a long period of time.
- This will affect baby’s face and teeth appearance. If left untreated it can lead to temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ).
- Difficulties in speech. This can be observed when babies starting to talk. They have difficulties with “s” and “r”.
Tongue Tie Treatment:
- Surgical correction by a qualified professionals.
- Electrocautery is generally used under local anesthetic with very little discomfort.
These can be carried out as early as 7 days after birth and as a day case surgery. If the baby is more than 6 month’s general anesthesia may be needed. Babies can continue feeding after the procedure.
The cost of this procedure is AED 2000.
For more information on kids surgery: Umbilical Hernia in Kids, Inguinal Hernia in Kids, Kids Circumcision, Undescended Testis, Hydrocele in Kids