Dubai Proctology Clinic
Constipation is one of the most common digestive problems, it is a condition in which you have fewer than three bowel movements in a week, and your stools are hard, dry, and small, making them painful and difficult to pass.
How can I avoid constipation?
- Getting enough fiber in your diet, which makes stool bulkier and softer so it's easier to pass. Gradually increase the amount of fiber until you're getting at least 20 to 35 grams of fiber daily (5 portions a day of either vegetables or fruits)
- Dried fruits such as apricots, raisin, fig are high source in fiber, also prunes contain sorbitol which is a natural laxative
- Limit foods that are high in fat and low in fiber, like cheese and other dairy products
- Try to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Fluids make bowel movements softer and easier to pass
- Watch your consumption of alcoholic beverages and caffeinated beverages such as coffee and cola drinks, which can be dehydrating
- Take more foods that are rich in bioflavonoids like red bell peppers or sweet peppers, strawberries, broccoli, spinach
- Avoid irritating foods such spicy food, citrus fruit (oranges, lemon)
- Daily Exercise like walking a half-hour every day or swimming, running, aerobic, is another way to keep your blood and your bowels moving
- Probiotic supplements may improve constipation; the probiotic drink result in significant improvement in severity of constipation and stool consistency
- Low magnesium intake is associated with constipation. Magnesium is found naturally in foods such as green leafy vegetable, nuts, seeds, and whole grains and in supplements
- Avoid taking laxatives without asking your doctor first
Click here for Proctology Surgery Packages
The proctologist at the proctology clinic at Dr. Rami Hamed Center provides better diagnosis of hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid treatment, hemorrhoidectomy, hemorrhoid surgery and THD hemorrhoids.To book an appointment at DRHC Dubai Proctology Clinic you can call at +97142798200.