Your answer to painful arthritis
- Wrist replacement surgery is less common in comparison to the hip and knee replacement surgery. The wrist is one of the extremely complex joints of the body.
- This treatment can help in effectively relieving the pain caused due to wrist arthritis and bring the patients in motion.
- This type of surgery can increase your movement by 50% of what you are currently having.
The wrist replacement surgery:
- During the wrist replacement surgery, the wrist joint and the worn out cartilages are replaced with an artificial joint. The surgery is mainly done to retain as well as recover the wrist movements and improve the grip strength.
Conditions that lead to wrist replacement treatment:
- Osteoarthritis, which is caused due to wearing away of the Cartilage that covers the bones.
- Rheumatoid arthritis, which is an inflammatory disease that results in pain, swelling and stiffness in the joints.
How to prepare for the surgery:
- After the diagnosis, your surgeon will explain the surgery and the expected benifit and complication to you before proceeding with the surgery.
- Also, the rehabilitation programme that you will be required to do post surgery will be explained.
We will raise your hopes and gain your trust
- After wrist replacement the patient is required to wear a splint for at least several weeks.
- The stitches will usually be removed after a span of 10 to 14 days. The patient will experience immediate relief once the surgery is done, however, the exercises will be needed to be done for restoring the movement.
- To avoid throbbing and swelling, the hand should be elevated above the heart level for a good number of days.
- The wrist replacement can last for 10 to 15 years particularly with the new design of wrist replacemnt.
Dubai Orthopedic Clinic - Dr Rami Hamed Center provides treatment for joint replacement, wrist pain, fractured wrist, wrist arthroscopy, wrist surgery, wrist fusion, wrist replacement