Meniere’s disease - Dubai ENT Clinic
This is a disorder in the inner ear known as intra inner ear hypertension. It can occur in any age usually between 20-50 years old and usually affects one ear. The patient complains of severe vertigo (spinning sensation), tinnitus in the affected ear, fullness, and hearing loss.
Signs and Symptoms of Meniere’s Disease:
- Fluctuating hearing loss may come and go in the early stages, but will be permanent eventually.
- Recurrent attacks of spontaneous spinning sensation without warning last from minutes to hours but less than 24 hours.
- Tinnitus or ringing in one ear.
- Aural fullness or feeling of pressure in the affected ear.
Vomiting or nausea during the vertigo episode
How can it be managed?
- Short-term medications: Anti-emetic (Promethazine, Meclizine, Diazepam).
- Long-term medications: Diuretic and salt limiting dietary.
- Non-invasive procedures, rehabilitation, hazards, use of Meniett device.
- Middle ear injection:
- Gentamicin – risk for further hearing loss.
- Steroids (Dexamethasone) – for controlling vertigo attacks.
- Vestibular Nerve Section (VNS).
- Endolymphatic sac decompression.
Click here for ENT surgical packages
Dubai ENT clinic - If you are in search of ENT specialist in dubai, then we can provide experienced and the leading ENT doctor in dubai for the healthy treatment.