Dizziness - Dubai ENT Clinic
Dizziness is a term used to describe any variety of sensations that produce spatial disorientation.
Vertigo: An intense sensation or illusion of rotational, linear, or tilting movement such as spinning, whirling, or turning of the patient or the surroundings.
Disequilibrium: Sensation of instability of body positions, walking, or standing described as “imbalance.”
Lightheadedness: Sense of impending faint or syncope.
Oscillopsia: Inability to focus on objects with motion (such as reading while walking), it is a sign of loss of the vestibular-ocular reflex in bilateral or central vestibular dysfunction.
The diagnosis of dizziness can be divided into 3 main areas:
- Labyrinthine related.
- Vestibular nerve related.
- Central nervous system related.
These are subdivided:
- Meniere’s disease: most frequent misdiagnosis.
- Inner ear concussion may cause transient positional vertigo and nystagmus.
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
- Alcohol intoxication.
- Labyrinthitis, nystagmus is spontaneous and persistent.
- Vascular loop syndrome – should be considered after other possibilities are exhausted.
- Positional nystagmus of central origin is seldom transient.
- Vertebral artery insufficiency.
- Cervical vertigo or head extension. Vertigo is quite possibly a manifestation of vascular compression.
- Hypoperfusion of the brain (orthostatic hypotension, low blood volume).
When to consult a doctor for dizziness?
See your doctor if you have complaints of:
- Recurrent dizziness or vertigo.
- Severe dizziness or vertigo.
- Prolonged dizziness.
- Unexplained dizziness.
Click here for ENT surgical packages
Dubai ENT clinic - If you are in search of ENT specialist in dubai, then we can provide experienced and the leading ENT doctor in dubai for the healthy treatment.