Vestibular Neuritis - Dubai ENT Clinic
Vestibular neuritis is a sudden onset of sustained severe dizziness, nausea, and postural disbalance. Severe vertigo will worsen with the change of position and head movements. If the vertigo is accompanied by hearing loss or tinnitus, this is due to labyrinthitis (cochlear pathology). The attack of vertigo lasts for 3-7 days, followed by a gradual resolution for 6-12 weeks.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
- You have to differentiate it from labyrinthitis (hearing loss + tinnitus)
- Anti-emetic, admission in the hospital because sometimes patients need intravenous fluid and control the severe vertigo attack.
- Prevention of work several days especially in risky jobs.
Dizziness not from ear diseases:
- A drop in blood pressure may result in brief lightheadedness or a feeling of faintness, which sometimes happens after standing quickly.
- Heart attacks.
- Heart arrhythmia.
- Transient ischemic attack.
- Decrease in blood volume.
- Anemia, see other signs of anemia (pale skin – fatigue, weakness)
- Low blood sugar is accompanied by sweating and anxiety.
Dubai ENT clinic - If you are in search of an ENT specialist in Dubai, then we can provide experienced and the leading ENT doctor in Dubai for healthy treatment.