Hearing Aids - Dubai ENT Clinic
Learning about their different types to choose the best one
- Hearing loss can impact the everyday smooth functioning of an individual quite significantly. The consequences of this impairment are evident in every aspect of the life of the individual, including their professional life, and personal relationships. To know more about Hearing Aid Dubai DRHC , call +97142798200.
- However, thanks to the advances in medical technology, people suffering from this problem can now overcome the same by choosing an appropriate hearing aid that helps restore their listening ability almost completely.
About Hearing Aids
- A hearing aid is basically an electronic device that is designed to be compact enough to be worn in the ear. Even though there are different types of hearing aids available in the market, they generally comprise of the following three main components:
- A Microphone: This component is used to pick up any sounds within the surroundings of the individual.
- An Amplifier: This component helps to enhance the volume and quality of the sound.
- A Receiver: This component is responsible for sending the sound waves into the ear of the individual.
- Sadly, not everyone suffering from the problem of hearing loss can benefit from the use of hearing aids. Rather, these devices have been found to be effective only in patients who have received a diagnosis for inner air damage or damage to the nerve connecting the ear with the brain.
Choice of Hearing Aid
- Choosing a hearing aid is similar to the method used for the treatment of any ailment and should not be done without consulting a professional ENT specialist.
- Such specialists will carry out a thorough physical examination of the patient’s ear to decide the cause of the impairment.
- Based on the observations of their examination, an ENT specialist might suggest the patients consult an audiologist.
- The latter will conduct specific tests to confirm the type and extent of hearing loss. These tests prove critical in helping the doctors to decide whether or not using a hearing aid will prove beneficial for the patients.
Types of Hearing Aids
- In case the doctors do decide that the hearing aid can help improve the impairment of the patients, they will suggest the one that they consider most appropriate.
- The devices are generally of two main types, namely analog and digital, based on the manner in which they transmit the sound signals.
- In addition, depending upon the type of hearing loss, the patients might be suggested to use one of the three main styles in which these devices are available. These include canal, in-the-ear and behind the ear hearing aids, which differ in terms of size and position of placement.
Tympanoplasty surgical package is available in our ENT clinic via the following link - Tympanoplasty package
Click here for ENT surgical packages
Dubai ENT clinic - If you are in search of ENT specialist in dubai, then we can provide experienced and the leading ENT doctorin dubai for the healthy treatment.