Dubai Thyroid Clinic
At Dr Rami Hamed Center in DHCC we provide the leading thyroid specialist in dubai for complete care of thyroid diseases including all diagnostic modalities and latest non surgical and surgical techniques available for best outcomes.
What is hyperthyroidism?
It is an increase of thyroid hormones level in the blood.
Sign and symptoms:
- Weight loss despite of increased appetite
- Nervousness, anxiety, and irritability
- Fatigue and muscle weakness
- Tremors on the hands when putting them straight.
- Rapid or irregulars heart beat
- Sleep disorders
- Heat intolerance
- Skin dryness causing itching
- Changes in the menstrual cycles (females)
- Fine , brittle hair
- Exophthalmos (protrusion of the eyeball)
You may not have all of this signs and symptoms. Some people just have 2-3 signs of it.
What causes Hyperthyroidism
- Grave’s Disease - most common cause
- Thyroid nodules
- Excessive consumption of Iodine (food or supplements) and medicines- containing iodine (like amiodarone).
What is Grave’s disease?
Grave disease is an autoimmune disorder that causes thyroid glands overproduction of thyroid hormones.
Can be diagnosed through the symptoms, physical examination of the doctor and the blood tests (TSH, T3, T4, and FT4)
Complications if left untreated:
- Cardiac problems
- Digestive problems
- Eye problems
- Thyrotoxic Crisis
- Death in severe cases
Seeking medical advice above anything else is important. With him, proper management of your case can be discussed.
Dubai Thyroid Clinic - DRHC provides treatment for hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, thyroid cancer, thyroid disease, thyroidectomy and thyroid surgery.