Insomnia - Dubai Sleep Medicine Clinic
COMMON SLEEP DISORDERS
Insomnia is trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, or waking up in the middle of the night or early in the morning without the ability to go back to sleep. DRHC offers the best sleep therapist in Dubai.
DRHC is one of those few clinics in Dubai which provide advanced Insomnia treatment. DRHC provides solutions for any kind of sleep disorder. Services provided are sleep apnea treatment, CPAP machine, etc.
Patients, who suffer from insomnia, wake up from sleep and remain inactive, and tired, which affects their performance during the day, their level of energy, mood, health, quality of work, and quality of life.
Misconceptions about sleep:
- The average person needs four to nine hours of good-quality sleep every 24 hours but the number of hours of sleep needed may vary individually.
- Many people believe that they need eight hours of sleep a day and if they increase the number of hours of sleep then it would be healthier however, this is not correct. For example, if you sleep for only five hours at night and feel very active the next day then you do not suffer from sleep problems.
- Some people attribute the lack of performance and failure in tasks of life to the lack of sleep, which leads to over-focus on the need to sleep for more hours, and this focus, prevents the person from getting restful sleep at night and causes insomnia.
Forms of insomnia
- Acute or short-term insomnia: It is often caused by ongoing stress and tension. When the stressful situation eases up or the person adjusts to it, sleep usually returns to normal.
- Chronic insomnia: occurs because of organic disease.
- Insomnia due to medications: that may include antidepressants, medicine to treat heart disease, blood pressure, allergies, and stimulants. It is known that caffeine-containing beverages are stimulants too.
- Insomnia due to psychiatric problems: When we talk about mental disorders, we do not mean that the patient is mentally ill or crazy, but rapid change in the lifestyle has predisposed individuals to psychological pressure that may affect sleep negatively and cause insomnia.
- Insomnia is associated with specific sleep disorders. Insomnia can be associated with specific sleep disorders, including restless legs syndrome (RLS), periodic limb movement disorder (PLMD), sleep apnoea, and circadian rhythm sleep disorders.
- Primary Insomnia: When other causes of insomnia are ruled out or treated, remaining difficulty with sleep may be classified as primary insomnia
- As many as one-third of patients seen in the primary care setting may experience occasional difficulties in sleeping, and 10 percent of those may have chronic sleep problems.
- About 30 to 40 percent of adults indicate some level of insomnia within any given year, and about 10 percent to 15 percent indicate that the insomnia is chronic and/or severe.
- The prevalence of insomnia increases with age and is more common in women.
Dubai sleep medicine clinic - Are you looking for a sleep clinic, snoring clinic, or sleep medicine in Dubai? Dr. Rami Hamed Center provides one of the leading pulmonologists in Dubai and is one of the top sleep consultants in Dubai.