Dry Needling-Dubai Physiotherapy Clinic
Paving the way for a healthier and fulfilling life
- Dry needling is a unique technique used by trained physical therapists for treatment of patients suffering from myofascial pain. DRHC offers premium dryneedling in Dubai. Physiotherapy clinic in Dubai DRHC has expert male and female physiotherapists.
- Contrary to the popular belief, this treatment methodology is not the same as the ancient Chinese method of acupuncture. Rather the technique was developed after ample research and is based on modern western principles of medicine.
- The only common thing that its shares with the ancient Chinese medicinal practice, is that it also involves the insertion of needles into the trigger points located at various places on the skin.
More about the needles
- The types of needles that are used in this method of treatment are basically designed to have a thin filiform. These needles are used without any medication or injection and are used to penetrate the skin to reach and stimulate the specific skeletal muscle band.
- These needles make it possible for the therapists to reach the target the tissues that cannot be reached manually. The sterile needles are intended to be disposed off after single usage so as to prevent any chances of infection.
The how and who of Dry Needling
- Having understood the basic facts about dry needling, it is time to learn about how it is done and for whom it is done.
- As mentioned, before, the procedure involves the insertion of a multitude of thin filament like needles into the skin to help the stimulation of soft connective tissue and skeletal muscles, associated with a trigger point.
- A trigger point is defined as a hyperirritable point within a muscle that is generally tender to touch and is also capable of radiating any sensations to other body parts in a predictable pattern.
- Although most patients feel very little discomfort or pain during this treatment, some might experience a sensation similar to a muscle cramp, especially if the trigger point is over sensitized.
- In most cases the treatment is conducted in multiple sessions, with the number and duration of sessions depending upon the severity of the problem being faced by the patients
Dry needling is becoming an extremely popular method for gaining pain relief in various health problems. Its benefits can be exploited by patients suffering from the below mentioned ailments.
- Acute/Chronic injuries
- Neck/Back pain
- Muscle Spasms
- Hip/Knee pain
- Muscle strains
- "Tennis/Golfer's Elbow"
- Overuse injuries
The best aspect of this method of treatment is that it is known to have extremely rare side-effects which generally include nothing more than a mild muscle soreness or skin bruising.
The physiotherapy clinic at Dr Rami Hamed Center provides you the best option for sport physiotherapist.