Dubai Obesity Clinic
Gastric bypass is surgery that helps you lose weight by changing how your stomach and small intestine handle the food you have.
There are several types of gastric bypass surgery –
- In the first step, it makes your stomach smaller. Your surgeon uses staples to divide your stomach into a small upper section and a larger bottom section. The top section of your stomach is where the food you eat will go. The pouch is about the size of a walnut. It holds only about 1 ounce (oz) or 28 grams (g) of food. Because of this you will eat less and lose weight
- The next step is the bypass. Here the surgeon connects a small part of your small intestine to a small hole in your pouch. The food you eat will now travel from the pouch into this new opening and into your small intestine. As a result, your body will absorb fewer calories
Gastric bypass can be done in two ways –
- With open surgery, your surgeon makes a large surgical cut to open your belly. The bypass is done by working on your stomach, small intestine, and other organs
- The other way to do this surgery is by using a tiny camera called a laparoscope. This camera is placed in your belly. The surgery is called laparoscopy. This allows the surgeon to see inside your belly
- Allergic reactions to medicines
- Breathing problems
- Bleeding, blood clots, infection
- Injury to the stomach, intestines, or other organs during surgery
- Poor nutrition
Dubai Obesity Clinic - Dr Rami Hamed Center, one of the leading center for the treatment of Obesity, Childhood Obesity and Obesity Surgery .