Fertility, Contraception and Gynecological examination
- Contraception methods are multiple and can be disadvantageous for some ladies. Therefore, we believe that proper consultation should be obtained for effective and non-complicated contraception.
- The most popular contraceptive options include contraceptive pills, patches, intra-uterine devices (with or without hormones), and condoms.
Annual Gynecological Examination
- Women above 18 years old are encouraged to have annual gynecological exam. This consultation and exam is to evaluate the menstrual cycle, vaginal discharge, contraception, HPV testing and vaccination, and hormonal balance.
- The check would include general examination of the body system including the reproductive system and special laboratory and radiology test may be required according to the case.
We will raise your hopes and gain your trust
- A clinical breast exam (CBE) is performed by our well-trained doctors as part our patient’s medical check-up.
- It involves careful feeling of the breasts and underarms for any lumps or other abnormalities. Our doctor will also check the breasts for change in color, size or shape, dimpling, or nipple abnormalities.
When should I get CBE and mammogram?
- If you are 25-39 years old, we highly recommend that you visit us for a clinical exam first in order to promote early detection of any abnormalities. This is ideally done once every 1-3 years and may include ultrasound test.
- If you are 40 and older, clinical exam, ultrasound and mammography once a year is highly advised. If we find abnormalities, a biopsy may be done to confirm the findings.
- When it comes to infertility, both partners are advised to attend the same setting or separately for counselling and general exams. This would include physical examination and laboratory testing to identify the exact cause of infertility.
- Infertility may be related to genetic disorders, hormonal imbalance, or a mechanical blockage. Our doctors are experts in identifying the cause of infertility in both sexes and would advise you accordingly about fertility.
- Vaginal discharge is generally a normal secretion at certain phase of the menstrual cycle. However, it can also be related to hormonal imbalance or infection.
- External general factors such as infection, poor hygiene as well as stress can also be the cause. It is important to note that pregnancy, menopause, and contraceptives can change the nature of the vaginal discharge.
- Our doctors will be able to identify the problem and advise you accordingly.
- Menopause occurs between the ages of 45 to 55 years in most ladies. The peri-menopause period is usually indicated by irregular menstrual periods before menses stops completely.
- Women can suffer from certain symptoms including vaginal dryness, painful intercourse, and hot flashes during the peri-menopausal period.
- They can also experience some psychological impact including stress, frustration, and memory changes in addition to general fatigue.
- Women in the menopausal phase of life may require gynaecological support to control the secondary symptoms. They may benefit from certain medications and psychological support.
- Our gynecologists will also provide advice about long term bone health and breast care to prevent osteoporosis and breast cancer.
- Some women suffer from moderate discomfort and emotional disturbance 1-2 weeks before the onset of their menstrual cycle. It is said that this can be up to 40% of the female population, but only 5-10% of these ladies would experience significant symptoms to require medical advice.
- PMS can affect a woman’s daily activities and relationships. This can be associated with irritability, depression, and tension. Our doctors are experienced in the treatment of PMS.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) are generally acquired by sexual contact. The organisms that cause sexually transmitted diseases may pass from person to person in blood, semen, vaginal or other bodily fluids.
- Some of these infections can also be transmitted from mother to infant during pregnancy or childbirth, or through blood transfusions or shared needles. It is possible to contact sexually transmitted diseases from people who seem perfectly healthy — people who, in fact, aren’t even aware of being infected.
- Many STDs cause no symptoms. Current knowledge has established that infection with Human Pallomavirus (HPV) is the main cause of invasive cervical cancer and cervical neoplasia.
- Dr. Rami Hamed Center is offering several testing packages to detect a big range of sexually transmitted diseases including HPV genotyping. Screening for these infections is very important to ensure early detection and prompt treatment.
- The packages include a consultation with a Gynecologist for females / Urologist for males, a pelvic examination. Ultrasound of the inner genital system may be required.
Dubai Obstetrics and Gynecology clinic at DRHC now provides top male and female Gynecologist in Dubai to enhance the service on Cosmetic Gynecology,Surgical Gynecology, Contraception, Menopause,Labiaplasty and so on.