- Endometriosis is the presence of endometrial tissue (The lining of the uterus) outside the uterus. It could be found anywhere in the body, but the most common sites are the ovary and the pelvic peritoneum.
- Patient comes with cyclic pain beginning 1-2 weeks before mensus and peaking 1-2 days before the onset of menses then subsides.
- Also patient can suffer dysmenorrhea, dyspareunia, abnormal bleeding, bowel and bladder symptoms and infertility.
We will raise your hopes and gain your trust
- Diagnosis is made by clinical assessment and direct visualization of endometrial lesions implants appear like rust-colored to dark brown powder burns or blue-colored raspberry lesions.
- The ovary may develop cystic collection of endometriosis filled with thick, dark, old blood known as endometriomas or chocolate cysts.
- Medical treatment is aimed at suppression and atrophy of the endometrial tissue, but it is not definitive treatment as endometrial implants and symptoms often recur following cessation of treatment.
- On the other hand there is no role for medical management in patients attempting to conceive. Women with advanced endometriosis, endometriomas, and infertility need surgical management.
- Surgical treatment
- Surgical treatment could be conservative or definitive
- Conservative surgery is fulguration or excision of any visible endometrial implants laparoscopically, adhesiolysis and laparoscopic cystectomy. (For patients who don’t desire immediate pregnancy, restarting medical therapy to control pain)
- Definitive surgical therapy includes total hysterectomy with salpingo-oophorectomy, lysis of adhesions and removal of visible endometriosis lesions.
Dubai Obstetrics and Gynecology clinic at DRHC now provides leading Gynecologist to enhance the service on Cosmetic Gynecology, Surgical Gynecology, Contraception, Abortion, Menopause and so on.