Clinical Dietitian & Sports Nutritionist
Education: MBBS in Food & Nutrition , MSc in Sports Nutrition
Speciality: Medical Nutrition and Clinical Dietitian
Rawan is an excellent example of dedicated professional who excel in her field as a clinical dietitian.
After completion of Food and Nutrition residency at the university of Jordan, she started her career in the Jordan and served as the clinical dietitian .
After that, Dr.Rawan completed her postgraduate diploma at the Jordanian University, Jordan.
In 2013 she joined "Wellness by Design" clinic, Dubai. During that time, she was appointed as the Sports Nutritionist. She held the said positions for over 3 years.
She has attended and presented at many international conferences and seminars in the field of Medical Nutrition and Clinical Dietitian.
- Knowledge of eating disorder/disordered eating signs and symptoms
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of medical nutrition therapy, including interviewing and education techniques
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Excellent time management, organizational and record-keeping skills
- Knowledge of complementary medicine, ergogenic aids and nutritional supplements, including herbal supplements
- Competence with nutrient analysis, word processing and presentation software
- Compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of athletic governing bodies: e.g., National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), regarding banned drugs and restricted substances
- Knowledge of measurements of resting metabolic rate, energy expenditure, VO2max and lactate threshold
- Knowledge of food service quality and safety procedures